What is it? This is the description of the Reebok Flexweave Run from the Reebok site: “Fasten in for faster runs with the men’s Flexweave Run. This super lightweight running shoe wraps the top of the foot in sleekly durable support. Foam cushioning underneath delivers a responsive feel that suits speedwork and up-tempo runs with versatile ease.
- Materials: Seamless textile upper for breathable support
- Fit: Low-cut design for freedom of motion and quicker transitions
- Best for: Running versatility, 5Ks, up-tempo workouts
- Flexweave technology brings durability and breathability to the seamless upper
- 3-D foam midsole with footprint mapping for adaptive, precise cushioning”
What do I think? Even though we usually review CrossFit trainers, the Reebok Flexweave Run was a shoe that caught my eye. Reebok has been doing a ton to market and develop their flexweave uppers. The lower for these shoes are similar to the Reebok Z-print shoes. I’ve liked these for wearing around on the weekend and even some shorter distance runs. The midsole and heel is a little spongy for most Olympic lifting and weightlifting. Fine for double-unders and box jumps. The last thing to mention about the Flexweave Run is that they are a narrow fit. Keep that in mind when ordering.
Why do you need it & when should you use it? This is a good running shoe. I don’t know if I would use this for a lot of CrossFit workouts, but they would be good for running and speed work drills.
How do you get it? Might be available at some retailers but you can pick the Reebok Flwxweave Run up on Reebok’s site for only $100.